17 April 2006

How I should have been using this blog

It occurred to me that I should have been inputting my To Do lists re: the revision of the library web site on this blog instead of just thoughtful ideas of mine or others about web sites, in general. As an aside, I think it just a matter of habit -- not used to having a public forum to record these things -- and an opinion that most bloggers are somewhat arrogant in thinking that others "really" want to know what they think.

I should be using this to document the evolution of a website redesign. I'll try to think about how I can do this so that the next time, we can avoid some of the tedious things we've tried. Since others, i.e., the Web Committee, can add to this website, they should feel free to do so. That they have not is either an indication that I was not clear about the purpose of this site in the beginning or they really don't have anything to add.

I'll try to figure out at way to include the nitty gritty of what transpire/s/d by linking to earlier documents and lists beginning now so that there is an archival record. If I can find time to think about how to do it...

No comments: