Initial steps:
- Got ideas from Web Cmte
- Reviewed their ideas and suggested sites
- Checked my previous searches for sites and reviewed those
Things I tried to do:
- Keep the look as uncluttered as possible.
- Keep the list on one page.
- Eliminate the miscellaneous category by merging into other categories
What I've done in the draft:
- I liked the idea of showing the most often used FAQs as I saw on the NCSU Libraries site.
- I looked at those most often viewed on the Web reports.
- Used the top 7
- Some of the top 20 surprised me.
- Most didn't. See report.
- Structure of the page (help1.css)
- Kept the right Need Help box but removed the bgcolor and only 3 elements.
- Put Most Frequently Asked box across two columns
- Created a table to group the list of all FAQs
- Created block headers for the categories.
- Made a TOC to jump to a category.
- Haven't made the links to each faq active yet.
One styling issue I haven't figured out yet:
- Why the gap between the "Categories" header and the next subcategories headers?
- gap appears in Firefox; not IE
- probably the cumulative effect of something that Firefox reads
No comments:
Post a Comment