As the time for the switchover nears, I keep finding the occasional file for reformatting, e.g., Search the Library Web Site. Fortunately, with these pages, the templates are already there and it is easy to cut and paste into them.
Today, I backed up the current site to my external drive. This is not truly necessary from a "what if it crashes" perspective since the server is backed up every night. However, from an archival standpoint -- and we do reuse ideas and sometimes need to see what we did -- it is important that those files be accessible to us in the future.
Tomorrow, I should be able to quickly rename the files remaining and delete extraneous files cluttering up the current site. Then I can simply copy over the "new look" files.
Mustn't forget to copy over the new web opac files to the live directory on the iii server as well.
The only undone kind of thing is to review the text-only files to make sure everything works correctly and all the files are there. I may have to do that the first part of June. However, it should all be there and everything should work correctly now.
PS -- I need to update the mindmap html files to reflect the updates and additions I've made to the actual mindmaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment