22 May 2006

After Launch batch fixes #1

Thanks to Teresa for pointing out places of inconsisency in titles and wording.

Web Opac:
  • ebooks vs e-books (changed to e-book here since it was the standard elsewhere)
  • changed "class reserves" to be "course reserves" everywhere
  • made the specific search pages contain more "help" since the lead-in phrasing to the links to them was "Get more help searching..."
    • I added a link to the specific search tips (Search Hints) for each specific search page under the title on that page. So, under the title Author Search on that page, the link "Search Hints" goes directly to the search tips on searching for authors.
    • I added another specific search "Keyword" to the beginning of that group since that particular search page "Quick Keyword Search" has the grid on the page that gives help and examples for things like phrase searching or boolean operators.
  • added course reserves options to the drop menu. {Because of the nature of the search method at that point, it was better to add two options [Reserves (Course Name) and Reserves (Instructor)] that to send the user to the page with both options.}
      • Also went into the WWWOPTIONS and added those search options to the drop_down element
  • As I looked at the catalog pages, particularly the system-generated pages, I revisited an odd spacing issue and decided to change the iii standard style sheet to comment out the styling on the class browseSearchTool and browseSearchToolMessage That seems to have made the spacing better. [I need to continue to monitor that for bad side effects.]
  • I noticed that the heading on the results list for reserves searches was odd so sent a message to the Innopac Users Group list. I got a response within 15 minutes that there had been a change in the standard wwwoptions:
    • #RSRV_HEADER=Materials for this Course
      RSRV_HEADER=Featured Titles This Month
    • So, I fixed that. (Comment: must have copied someone else's wwwoptions and didn't notice this particular anomaly when I was changing the settings to suit our catalog.)

No comments: