16 February 2011

Printer Friendly Pages in Skyline Webpac

I've begun to experiment in the Staging directory using the example mentioned in the Webpac wiki for this topic. It seems to work well.

The page I used was the recommended bib_display.html which is the page which governs the display of a bibliographic record.

To see how this works,
  • search anything in the catalog and click on title to display the record;
  • click on Print Preview to see how that record will look when printed.
WHAT I DID:
  • Created a style sheet called printX.css which sets certain iii existing classes to display:none. For example: .topLogoDiv {display:none;} eliminates the top banner from printing.
  • Created a new class -- .nonprinting {display:none} to apply to specific divisions or spans in different pages when we don't want those divisions or spans to be affected globally.
    In the case of bib_display.html, I added class="nonprinting" to three page elements:
    • The non-named division surrounding the token [!--{navrow}-->
    • The non-named division surrounding the ResourceTable and Cover image.
    • The table cell containing the token [!--{recordlink}-->.

  • Added a line to the wwwoptions INSERTTAG_INHEAD option to call the new style sheet. --- [link rel="stylesheet" media="print" type="text/css" href="/screens/printX.css">
TO BE DONE:
-- Decide which other pages need modification and which elements to modify.

No comments: