10 February 2008

Converting the Spanish Opac

Although this portion of the catalog gets very little use, Library Services is committed to maintaining it. The Dean strongly suggested that we continue this service.

Working in the staging directory. Can get to them via this url:
http://aliat.austincc.edu:2082/screens/opacmenu_spi.html

Because of the limited use, I decided that we should use many of the former search pages as is -- or "as is" as much as possible -- even if there is a different look. These pages are:
  • opacmenu_spi
  • mainmenu_spi
  • toplogo_spi
  • botlogo_spi
  • and the specific search pages like srchhelp_a_spi (author search)
The graphics are all still useful, but we will need some new ones to match the new images that webpac pro uses. Some I've identified:
  • View Saved
  • Remove Marked Items From List
    • See ICON_UPDATELIST in wwwoptions
  • Limit available (not sure about this)
  • Remove from Bookcart
We definitely need to recreate the verification files:
  • patroninfo (pverifyweb_spi)
  • request items (pverifyweb3_spi)
  • reserves (pverifyweb6_spi)
We will need to check on the new files like briefcit.html and bib_display.html to see if we need to accomodate _spi.

There are anomalies that will need to be resolved. Some things just work differently and aren't readily apparent.

I know that we need to take a look at the "add to bookcart" button that appears in the browse screen. There is a wwwoption that governs whether the button appears or simply a checkbox as we have on the English language screen. I think it is the BUT_Bookcart option but I am not sure. Need to check this.

No comments: